This event is now full
We would like to invite you to the second 2018 SACC event: Crowning the King of Kings - a culinary journey and wine-tasting to crown the best Cabernet Sauvignon wine, very often referred to as the King of grapes for its big and bold characteristics.
Will it be a BIG Napa, a bold leathery cassis bolstering Chilean, or an Earthy South African, or perhaps a traditional stellar Bordeaux that wins this epic battle for your palette?
We will start with a welcoming Champagne and mingle to open up your palate before taking our seats to start the half-blind wine tasting. We will take a global flight of wonderful “King Cabs” from around the world, while learning the basics of wine-tasting. We will to this enjoy a 4 course meal composed by the chef of Crudo Wood Tavern providing further energy to continue the battle, now adding the wonders we experience when pairing excellent wine with exquisite cuisine.
Following wines will be tasted:
- Shafer - One Point Five [Napa, USA]
- Château Bataille - [Pauillac / Bordeaux, France]
- Nicolas Catena Zapata [Mendoza, Argentina]
- Rust en Vrede [Stellenbosh, South Africa]
- Two Hands - ‘Sexy Beast’ [McLaren Vale, Australia]
- Theme: Crowning the King of Kings - an epic wine tasting and culinary journey
- Time: 6PM, January 25th
- Tasting leader: Stefan Lloyd and Patrik Melander
- Maximum seating: 50 - first come first serve
- Price: Members $89 and non-members $109
- Recommendation: Arrange transport… With an average of 1 bottle per person, and average Total Wine price of >$50/bottle you will want to enjoy the evening fully…
We look forward to seeing you and joining us and kicking-off 2018 in a wonderful way!
Stefan and Patrik and the entire SACC DFW board.